DCMASSHOLE

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It Is The Small Things That Count

About a month ago I meet a friend, D, back in our home state of Massachusetts. I asked him if he wanted to come out for drinks where another one of my friends was a bartender. He showed up about an hour later which was plenty of time to talk to the bartender. D and I caught up on things and he said he had a present for me.

I opened it up and it was a crucifix that D bought at an abbey near his childhood home. He tried to qualify it as a joke that he bought because the inscription on the back said "I'm Catholic Call A Priest." However, I actually took to be more sentimental gift because it came from D a friend I truly respect and admire. I also normally do not wear jewelry, but I was about to get a cross to go around my neck, but a good friend provide one to me that meant much more.

Since getting the cross, I have not taken it off. It is a reminder of my friend and more importantly my God. It reminds to pray for the health and safety of my family and friends. The cross is a gift that I will cherish until I die.

Now that my friend has gone the way of Captain Cook his body may be far, but his spirit will be close to my heart in the form of his gift. Unfortunately, just like the many explorers, as Captain Cook, the natives got restless and took his modern day communication to the outside world his computer. I just hope that when he gets back he will be able to have interesting stories to post and hopefully a new computer.

Oh, and the Bartender, I can not thank enough for meeting him. He is truly a magnanimous individual that has sacrificed a life in pursuit of material wealth for one devote to helping humanity. I was fortunate to meet him and now call him a friend. It was his advice the initial allowed me to open up more to who I am. The Bartender and D are truly good individuals and friends that you should have on your side. CHEERS MATES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>