DCMASSHOLE

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Carolina Blue


Well, I’m in the great state of North Carolina in Durham just outside of Chapel Hill. After traveling 275 miles in 3 ½ hours for a wedding rehearsal I had to piss like a race horse. You see a big Dunkin Donuts Ice Coffee will do that to you when you don’t want to stop until you get to your place of destination. I said hello to the groom and immediately went to the bathroom.

I came out and said hi to some of my law school buddies that I have not seen in a while. We went out for Subway because the groom was suffering from a hang over and needed some chow and I was a Starvin Marvin. We all ate and it was then time for the rehearsal. Well, I thought it was, but some of the brides maids "got lost" in the shopping mall and had to take showers. The brides maids took showers all right only allowing my law school friend 10 minutes to take a shower and get ready. He gets in the car with out a shirt and we speed to the Carolina Inn.


We get to the Carolina Inn and there is no parking. The attendant tells me to park in the Catholic Center which I do after figuring out that I should have taken an immediate right into the center instead of circumnavigating around the UNC Campus one more time. I arrive and I’m a ball of sweat and the Pastor just keeps on talking and talking. For fuck sake, I’m sweating my nuts off here lets get this thing rolling.


The Pastor finally finishes and I proceed to hit on the desk attendants. They keep giving me cookies and asking me questions about what I do and blah, blah and blah. This one guy looked very similar to a guy I meet at a birthday party in DC, but no way was it him because the DC guy is in the money. However the desk attendant was very cute. After talking to him, my friends and I head to the hotel bar for a drink. Before we reach the bar, I was looking outside and notice this hottie in swim trunks. I first wondered why was he wearing swim trunks when the inn does not have a pool and then I noticed the bulge underneath. Although, he may be blessed in that region his Providence shirt and Yankees hat said major loser, but still hot and gifted.

I finally headed back to my hotel for some swim time and get ready for the dinner in Durham. One of my friends erroneously told me that the dinner was at 6:30 and would take 45 minutes to get there; he was wrong on both accounts. I was the first to arrive and the staff gladly provided me a nice Silician Red blend. I walked around the Italian Restaurant surveying the once Tobacco Warehouse converted into a restaurant and apartments. I love the exposed brick and ceiling that is accentuated with nice Italian decorations with trees and plants containing lights. The food was decent and the conversation flowing, including the hot waiter. Lets just say he was a tall handsome gentlemen with beautiful blue eyes and dark curly black hair. He later ended up in Chapel Hill, but enough of that.
While we were in Durham, I said we really should go to the Duke Lacrosse house. The lawyers in the crowd said based on the evidence stated it would be very difficult to get a conviction. We also stated from our experience most LAX players are aholes. So, before we head to Chapel Hill I tried to convince the guys and brides maids to take photos in front of the house but to no avail.

Now it is just waiting time before the wedding and I’m planning on hitting Top of The Hill before the 6 PM ceremony. I just hope the sun is below the buildings, so, I’m not sweating all over the place.


Monday I will be taking off early in the morning so I can get in a run up in DC before attending one of those carnivore delight BBQ's by the southern dispora in DC. The food should be great and plentiful. I just hope the weather cooperate.

6 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger the doc said...

Italian chic cuisine, no Josh Turnage Bar-B-Q? Don't even know if the place is still open. Durham tobacco area, "Bright Leaf" tobacco, used to have a definite pleasant roasted tobacco aroma. Was that present in the converted tobacco warehouse?

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

I was going to have ribs, but a wedding ceremony got in the way. The owners told me to come back and he would have some for me. I just never made it back.

Plus, I just got back from the DC BBQ and I will tell you it was great. The special meat of the day was goat.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger the doc said...

Hola, DCMASSHOLE,
Bueno, Bueno.
Hablas tu Espanol?
La cabra es muy buena, si?
Hasto luego.

EL MEDICO

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

Hablo espanol un poco. No comido la cabra por que el hermano diga no gusta la cabra.

Of course I'm sure that is broken spanish.

El Doc, practico espanol para la viajes della Costa Rica.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger the doc said...

Si, compadre, y tu?

Comprendo tu comunicacion respecto a la cabra. No gusto tampoco la cabra. El cerdo, la vaca, el garbanzo, la pez, Si!

La cabra, No.

Viva La Costa Rica.

El Medico

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger StratoCade said...

I enjoy the way you understate certain details "...He later ended up in Chapel Hill..."

Classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>