DCMASSHOLE

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Games We Play!


The games we play with our emotions Some are willing, others unwilling, and yet others are innocent bystanders. One of the greatest emotions is love. It is the one that many men are unwilling to demonstrate or admit because in their eyes they might be perceived as weak or vulnerable. They hide their true intentions and lie to make one they love or one who is in love jealous. This is not what love is.
Love in and of itself is pure and unconditional. Love is when you found someone that completes you and compliments you, not necessarily being the same as you. You know found love when you accept that person for all his beauty as well as his imperfections. When you realize that this person makes you happy when you are near him and sad when you are apart. Love must have a equal partner that shares in the honest development of hopefully a life long relationship.


However, sometimes love is perceived as lust. Lusting after someone that gives you instant gratification because it is something new or forbidden. Yet, this lust wears off only leaving you empty and lonely inside. What you once thought was love was not truly love because love is compliment by trust, truth, and respect for each and not lies after lies and infidelity.
Sometimes, I think men assume they have love to the point of living in blind ignorance afraid to hear the truth. Once they hear the truth they lash out at that person who stood by them and warned them, but as in all humans it is better they learned on their own. They do everything to make that person jealous, but in reality they are the ones that are more hurt. Why because they lack love and the relationship that comes with it. They lack that person that cherishes every moment they are together and they especially lack a person the will remain faithful, truthful, and respectful.


I have come to realize that I must withdraw from this game. I don’t care for it when the game is the manipulation of hearts. It is not right and can lead to server emotional problems. I have seen it and I don’t like. I was a willing participant, but no longer. If the consequences is to live the rest of my life alone so be it, but at least I know I’m true to myself and will never compromise my values. Maybe one day I will find that person who complete me and makes my life a joy to wake up next to each and every morning.


* I would also suggest reading Atari's post at the The Lost Find about gay culture and television, I think it is pretty good.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger the doc said...

When faced with trials and tribulations, it is often wise and comforting to go to the Source of many abiding truths.

Note: There is no mention of gender here, just love.

1: If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2: And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3: If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4: Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful;

5: it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

6: it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.

7: Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8: Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

9: For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect;

10: but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.

11: When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

12: For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood.

13: So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I Corinthians 13:1-13

Just about says it all on the subject, doesn't it?

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

Doc,

Yes it does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>