DCMASSHOLE

Monday, May 22, 2006

Where is the Fireman?

I'm the fireman putting out fires left and right. It is always interesting when former colleagues are trying to best you in wits and use the knowledge you imparted on them against you. However, you can never fool the master who is always more mischievous than the student.

Enough about that. So, after a long Friday night in which I found out my friend will be interning for the same Federal Judge as my other friend did last year, I began to go from bar to bar. No matter which bar I went I knew someone there. Hey (is usually what I say when I forget their names), then after talking for a bit it clicks. Well, so how is the Senator you know if he has a opening on the committee tell me I would love to be on and don't forget I did go to school in Texas. As I walked out of the bar I ponder do I go down the street to the gay country bar. No, I better go home I want to do a nice 10 mile run, plus I have to go to work.

So, Saturday was a good day beside going to work. I left work about 4:30 walked to Georgetown to just browse. I pick up some clothes and meander into Barnes and Noble. I decided to buy Herodotus to go along with my Thucydides. I see a friend who says we need to get dinner this week and he will have a surprise that I will like. Now, my mind races with all naughty thoughts, but then come down back to earth. I'm sure the dinner will be strictly Platonic.

Saturday night was a riot. I attended an Apartment building party. I already described some of it. I did not tell you this story about a horrendous amazement Woman that was at least four inches taller than me and had a weird shape head and lips. No, I did not have Napoleonanic Syndrome. Well, she over heard the law school that I went and now it was not in the first tier, but I got a decent education and I love the friends that I made there.

Anyways, she is all about how great she is and can not decided between a top tier Boston law school and top tier Midwest law school. Well, I asked her why she would not go to the Boston law school. I don't know why I asked when I knew the answer, but I wanted to know if this person was shallow and pretensious as she seemed. Yes, everything she said demonstrated that she was all about herself and what school has the better reputation that could enhance her status in society. She the proceeds to give me a back hand comment: "Oh, you went to XY law school did you have fun.

Yes, I did you fridged bitch. Some of my friends heard her comment and I said to them I really wanted to call her out but I did not. I did not want to waste my breath on her. Needless to say she did not have to many friends there and her attitude rube everyone the wrong way. To the point that the Texas lawyer's wife called her a cunt. I turned to her and said exactly. Now pass me the vodka.


The moral of the story is great people don't have to remind people they are great, people just know.

8 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger the doc said...

With apologies to the Bard:

Her “Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his (her) hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”
--From Macbeth (V, v, 19)
William Shakespeare

Not an exceptional person in any town, no matter how many horses there are.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

Doc,

I love your Shakespeare quotes, it reminds me of a class that the policital philosophy majors and some english majors petition to have Shakespeare's Politics. We read some of Shakespeare's more political plays and discussed them. Many years later I still get hell from the english majors you see, the politics majors hardly read the plays and just bullshited their way through and for me I would take off in the middle of our once a week class to get pizza bagle bits and at a study break center. I would leave for about 1/2 and come back and one friend would just shake his head because I would have and smell like bagel bit and would continue straight on with the discussion as though I never left. The english majors also got very made when grades came out thinking that I deserved lower than my A. Not my fault the professors liked my paper on Caesar.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

Yes, I see the errors. I'm in a hurry to go to work.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger the doc said...

“To err is human; to forgive, divine.”
Alexander Pope

“To err is human; to admit it, superhuman.”
Doug Larson

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger StratoCade said...

I love people like that. I gleefully probe their insecurities until they just blow up like a jackass in a tin barn.

So transparently fun to pick apart people like that. God bless 'em.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

they don't need to remind people they are great and on the other side of the coin....they don't have to put others down by calling em fucktards either......the overall moral of the story....Practice what ya preach, buddy!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

Marc,

I said it jest and was not really calling you a fucktard (Mass. slang, you get the point). The problem with post/email is your really can never gage the intent. Mine was a joke and not an attack on you. We should never take everthing seriously. If I offended I apologize.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

it's all good :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>