DCMASSHOLE

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

THE BIG APPLE/AND Failure of our sex ed!!!

Quick Post since my connection sucks. I'm in the Big Apple until Thursday and have lined up to see friends and I apologize to those that I'm unable to meet. As you know there is only one me and many you. I will be able to catch up with you later in about two weeks.

Today was great got off the plane, checked in and went to upper West Side and went for a run with my straight buddy from my hometown. I love Centeral Park and all the hotties running you know who you are because your eyes and mine meet. Come on I was not trying to be discrete either. Then SB and myself went to this nice Italian restaurant near his house, but before that I tried to get into Lady M cakes for a try except they seemed to lock their doors. Anytime you see a store that looks very sterile with just cakes on display you know it was be good eats or just for show. My friend assured me it was good eats.

Also the conversation got me back on to sending my resume out to head hunters. I think it is time for a change to either San Fran, Dallas, or NYC. I've always planned on moving probably to San Fran and I was aprised of opportunity, but did not because I usually like staying a whole year at a place in which I'm only 6 months into.

PS: PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW - it is very sad that our sex education system is unable to reach everyone and we have these venereal disease problems with all the advances in technology. I guess it is running in epidemic proportions in this one community when will these people learn self control, probably never and it may be too late.

http://www.local6.com/news/9283707/detail.html

3 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger the doc said...

Unless you are completely miserable, give it a year. If you know you are going to be moving in about a year, play tourist in your spare time.

Soak in all that incredible area has to offer. By the way, I would never choose to live in the DC area, but I have enjoyed visiting there as a tourist. The environs just reek with history.

So map out a plan of what you would want to see and do if you had a week or so as a tourist. In your remaining time there attempt to do those and see those things. You may not get back.

Not completely apropos, unless referring to doing something good for yourself:

"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being (or to myself), let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."

William Penn

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

Doc,

You are correct about seeing everything. I twice missed out seeing the Sistine Chapel because I had a hangover.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger StratoCade said...

I've lived in DC, and I've visited Dallas. I'd rather live in Dallas. Just my $.02..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>