DCMASSHOLE

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In Vino Veritas


This past weekend was great. Friday I witness the come back of the evil empire with Yankee loyalists and decided I would not attend the Sunday game. I would not be witness to maybe another Yankee come back (actually the opposite happen with the Nats taken two in the late innings from the Stanks.) Saturday was awesome, I decided that a friend an I would head out west to Virginia Wine/Horse Country. Honestly, Virginia has some very good wineries and excellent wines. I know what you are saying it is not sunny California, but trust me Virginia’s wineries have some excellent vintages, especially with the American varietal of the Norton Grape.

My companion and I traveled out west after giving him a tour of Old Town Alexandria and showing him the childhood home of Robert E. Lee. The ride out west was beautiful with the rolling hills, green trees, and the smell of freshly cut hay. Seeing the horses frolic on the hill sides and bucolic setting brought an easy and comfort to my friend and myself. We finally reached the winery where we began to taste some excellent wine. We started with white, which I really don’t care for, and finally moved to the reds which I prefer. I guess it is because it has more phosphates and a taste the I prefer.
They finally got to what they are known for which is their Norton production. The Norton is an American Varietal which has a rich and full taste. I fell in love with the Norton when I visited a winery on the Mizzo River in Missouri. For those that love BBQ, I think a Norton wine is the best compliment for it. Some will say who the hell drinks wine with BBQ and I say if you do a Norton Wine is the best.


Because both of us were starving and had to have some Italian Food, I missed a winery, well more like missed meeting the proprietor of the winery. I wanted to meet this woman because she was the main plaintiff in a case that the Supreme Court ruled in her favor holding that states can not pass laws prohibiting importation of wine into their states. Honestly, meeting the woman who challenged the Constitutionality of law and win is very rare occurrence, but not really since three of the justices live in Virginia and love wine. I’m not saying they compromised their position just an observation.

3 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger the doc said...

I'll ask, rhetorically, "who the hell drinks wine with BBQ?"

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

I do sometimes.

I read that article by West. Although, I agree with a lot she says America has strategic needs and is limited in what it can do. However, we should redifine the war for what it really is and stop trying to placate to the PC gods. On a side note, sometimes I think Ms. West is a little bias and might has dual alleginece

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

I really need to check my writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>