DCMASSHOLE

Saturday, November 18, 2006

You Ever Have Those Days.....

that all of sudden, you say to yourself what the "hell" am I doing. As I lie here in my bed looking out my window wondering when the last red leaf will fall, I asked myself what do I want to do in life. Ever since I was a little kid everyone knew I was going to be a lawyer. I always wanted to be prosecutor, but the economics of the situation changed and so did my desire to be a slave to my work. It is interesting at the times in which we find ourselves reflecting on our lives.

For me it was a week ago that I was with my high school friends at on e of the last weddings of the group. It was great seeing all of them and the success they have in their lives and the expansion of their families. Great seeing their friends from college, especially the one that was on the front page of the Wall St Journal (Let's just say his wife might want to move from their town after I was talking and I do mean their town) As I was sitting at my table while most were on the dance floor, a sense of joy and sadness emerged. The joy was because of the above knowing my friends were happy in their lives and the sadness...... well I will keep that to myself. I've already heard enough about it.

So, twice in a span of week I now question the path I have set out for myself. Will I obtain my goals. My very nature is cautious as evidence that a lawyer never asks a question he does not already know the answer to. Is it time for me to take chances in order to be were I want to be in life. I'm already in my early thirties and I feel I need to accelerate certain things in my life. I just have to take the risk. No, I know I have to take the risk and invest some of my capital. Yes, the post is cryptic but then again I'm not the easy to follow.

P.S. Why does it seem that I always meet people from Texas? And why are most them hot and nice? I think they were raised to proper southern gentlemen.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger the doc said...

1) Early thirties is mere infancy. Your goals will change many times as you go through life. Set mini-goals and go with the flow.

2) Connubial bliss does not always last a lifetime. I don't know the figures or exact statistics, but it seems that more and more young couples give up after a few years. I don't know what they expected. My bride and I have been together 38 years, but sometimes we had to work at it to make it succeed. It is not automatic. I know gay relationships that have lasted longer without the marriage vows.

3) As a lawyer, you have many avenues to explore. You can have one or several carreers during your lifetime. (I have a lot of lawyer jokes)

4) There is indeed something special about Southerners and their upbringing. But it not necessarily a "Texas Thing". Stratocade and Kel are Texans, while Incognito was raised in N.C.

5) Get on with life. Take a chance. Give yourself the opportunity to fail.

6) I still am not sure I know what I want to be when I grow up.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

Good Advice Doc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>