DCMASSHOLE

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hey Those Uneducated, Ignorant, Southern, Religious Rednecks Might Be Fighting For Me

I begin my morning reading the Wall Street Journal an in my free time, which is not much, I read other publications. Well the Wall Street Journal Opinion had two great articles. On Monday Chrisopher Hitchens, not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination, is a staunch supporter of the Iraq War and the war on Islamic Facists. The Tuesday Journal Opinion was a story about a liberal, Jewish Lesiban, that realized on Sept. 11 she was an American.

Then I read two stories on BBC one had to deal with an muslim film maker that tries to open up muslim minds and hearts. In Indonesia, there is strict laws and regulation regarding films of which one is no kissing between men and women. Well, you can guess it the film maker created a show that featured a gay character that was well received. The film maker pushed the enveloped and complied with Islamic authorities by not featuring a kiss between a man and woman, but a man and man. Although the show was very popular, the authorites quickly remedy the law preventing any kissing in films.

The next BBC story was very disturbing, almost like the Scarlet Letter, has resurfaced in Uganda. In Uganda, a newspaper printed the names of alleged homosexuals in order to ostracize them in society. Homosexuality is illegal in Uganda. The newspaper stated also they publish the names of those that have commited adultry.

What do these stories have in common. The latter two stories demonstrate societies in which those minorities are oppressed threatened with death and must fear being who they are. In America, we protect the minority. Our Constitution and instutitions ensure minorities have a voice and their rights are protected. The Journal Opinions relate a stories that those sardonic liberal minorities have no respect for those men and women fighting for them. The "so called rednecks" are protecting those minorities that would be easily punished by the Islamic Ideaologes. Where in the world do you see greater respect for minorities than in Western culture. Yes, gays in the US might be asking for the government to enforce a marriage contract, but at least they are not being put in newspapers or being stone to death for being homosexual. We must realize that if we don't fight them now then their will be no one to fight them later because they will be to strong.

I encourage everyone to read these articles especialy Hitchens who argues 9/11 was a wake up call to the world not just America. It reminds me of that story regarding Nazi Germany- They went for my neighbor and I should have said something, but it was not me. They went for the homosexuals and I should have said something, but it was not me. They went for the Gypsies and I should have said something, but it was not me. They went for the Jews, but I'm not a Jews so why should I help. Then they came for me and no one was there to stand up and help me.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger the doc said...

Does this mean that we should fight to win? What a novel idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>