DCMASSHOLE

Sunday, September 10, 2006

WE WILL NEVER FORGET?

As I listen to Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, I look back to the week before September 11th. I was in New York for interviews and was enjoying some Italian Cuisine in Little Italy. We were talking about what we will do after the interviews and someone said, "Let's go to the World Trade Center." I said, "no it will be here when we get back I just want to get home." Those words will live to haunt me and taught me that I need to seize every opportunity because they will not always be there.

On the morning of September 11th, I was driving into school when I heard a plan crashed into the World Trade Center. I thought it was a small commuter plane and it was cloudy day. I always parked my car at school and then commute to my internship at a government agency. While I was walking through the lounge I saw the TV. I asked what type of plane was it and someone said a passenger plane. Inside I was thinking how was it possible for a plane on a clear day hit the trade center and then the second plane hit. I called my boss and she told me not to come in they are evacuating DC. As I stayed at school shocked, the third plane hit the Pentagon preventing me from driving home.

After spending sometime at a friend's house, I drove home passed the Pentagon seeing the billowing smoke rising and lights illuminating the dark sky. Tears rolled down my checks recognizing that America faced a new war, a war that will have no borders, a war that will be based on ideas and war that must have the west prevail or oppression will reign.

For those men and women in the Armed Services, I salute your sacrifice in defending your nation and families. It is true parts of America's war on terrorism and foreign policy is not accepted by all, but remember you honorably serve this country for the liberty, freedom, and justice that it stands for. After 9/11, those in power finally woke up and realized that a police action against these murderous bastards will not work that we must attack them where they are. However, along with military we need economic and educational assistance to those nations that are weak. We need to aid them to build up there institutional, economic, educational, and security forces so as not to create an atmosphere that will serve to create bases of hatred as what happened in Afghanistan.

To those that serve to defend America, may God protect you.

I have the question mark because I fear America is already forgeting what happen to not only the United States, but the world. This is battle between good and evil. It is a battle between a society that is open and free that tolerates all ideas and opinion and one that manipulates that society in order to oppress and conform this secular world into their "city of God." I only hope that the majority of Americans do not lose their resolve because once that is done, the world has lost.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger the doc said...

Amen, and Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>