DCMASSHOLE

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Apple Store

I must applaud the assistants at the Apple Store. As I was looking around and then realized I could check out the Red Sox score (they lost) on their computers I heard this young African American singing. At first I did not realize it was an African American, but by the lyrics that were coming out the mouth of the patron it had to an African American because anyone else would probably be killed in a matter of moments. He kept yelling (singing) nigga this and nigga that.

I turned around to see who it was coming from and yes I was right, it was a young African-American. Others just looked and were shaking their heads and then the Apple assistant went over. He told the kid that that type of language is inappropriate and is not welcomed at the store. The kid complied without any protest. I must say in this day and age I was amazed the guy said something, but good for him.

3 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Eye Que said...

You realize had it been a non- african american person singing that same song in the Apple store, they would have been labeled a racist and the Apple store would have been sued for negligence. Until the African American community stops using the word NIGGER, I refuse to stop using it myself. Im taking a personal stand against double standards and starting with this one in particular! Peace out my nigga.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

Jason,

I had an argument with a colleague that kept dropping where she went to college and law school. In my head I was saying affirmative action probably helped, but said she was working at the same place I was. Anyways, she kept saying that it was different if I said nigga as opposed to her. Well, you could imagine the discussion continued and I said if it wrong to say it is wrong no matter who says it and the context.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger StratoCade said...

God Bless the Apple Store people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>