DCMASSHOLE

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Choice or Biological.

Yesterday, I had dinner with a friend when the conversation became serious. He leans over and say JR I hate to be serious, but I need to talk to you. I responded does this have to deal with your recent trip to Dallas. He says yes that he thought he wanted to move back, but now he does not.

I realized that things did not go well with the Doc. He was dating a resident, before he moved to DC and has strong feeling for him. Before he moved on to explain what happen on his trip, he said I want you to listen and not give your opinion. Now, people that know me that I will always give my opinion even when unsolicited. [(side story) Take tonight at dinner, I had to listen to this woman talk about England this, Europe that and America was far behind. Her voice was so annoying just like the Seinfield Episode in which Kramer goes into an epileptic seizure everytime he hears Mary Hart from Entertainment Tonight and that is how I felt. Anyways, I had to refute or point out that not everything is clearly better in Europe.]

Well, he tells me that the Doc is done being gay and that he will try to be straight. I said so through his pure determination he will try to be straight. My friend said yes, even though he admits he is attracted to men and likes men sexually he will try to be straight. I said as a Doctor does he believe that being gay is a choice or biological. My friend says the Doc believes it is biological, but his will can over come that.

I told my friend that I will not give my opinion about it now, but he needs to do makes him happy, just as the Doc believes he is doing what makes him happy. Then I imposed my personal experience and said I believed I knew that I was attracted to men at a young age, yet, because of social mores, pressure, and my up bringing I kept thinking it would pass. Well, it did not pass and I refused to fight it any more. However, that does not mean I want everyone to know. I just hope my friend will come to terms with something he can not control and will move on because it appears the Doc is trying to move on. I know adventually the Doc will learn that trying to change your nature will be hard and ultimately lead to depression. I just hope once he realizes this he will embrace who he is.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger the doc said...

For the record: "the doc" of this article is not "The Doc". Not that there is anything wrong with "the doc" in this article.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger DCMASSHOLE said...

Yes, the doc in this article is a resident and not the senior practioner "The Doc".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>