DCMASSHOLE

Thursday, April 27, 2006

What the Fuck is up with Texas?


I'm not holding all of Texas in contempt, but just the two alleged racist Caucasians that have lost all sense of humanity and love for their fellow man. So, at work I was walking by a TV and there was a story about a hate crime that occurred in Spring, Texas. CNN reported that the two alleged assailants and victim were at the same party. The Latino victim reportedly kissed a white girl which supposedly angered the two Caucasian teenagers.

The two alleged animals poured bleach on the Latino, beating him severely and sodomizing him with a lead pipe. The victim was left for dead. It is crimes like this that make me lose hope in humanity. I sometimes wonder how these kids could grow up without a sense of right or wrong. Have we as a society desensitizing them as to not even respect their fellow man? Have the parents failed to instill a sense of decency and tolerance in their children? I can only wonder did the kids learn to hate in the home. Were they taught that other races are inferior and that they are rats and can be treated just as pest and be eliminated as was taught the Nazis in Germany regarding the Jews.

Racism is not something that comes naturally to a person. He is a learned belief that is first instilled in the home. For this I say shame on the parents. I'm not saying I'm perfect. Hey, I grew up in Irish/Italian Catholic Family and I know that I learn certain racial remarks through them. However, although I learned those remarks, I also learned to respect people for who they are not for the color of their skin.

On a side note, many Northerners think the are intellectual superior and more tolerant than their Southern brotheren. I just want people to know that the greatest metamorphosed and recruiting of the KKK occurred in the north. It is the northern states that have the largest membership and concentration of KKK. So, next time you think the south is full of racist rednecks, you better look to your neighbors first.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger the doc said...

Quit looking for sociological reasons or answers or excuses for vile behavior. Like some people are pretty and others are ugly, some are decent while others are just mean from the git-go. Maybe it is in the genes, everything else is.

I see children in my clinic on a regular basis who I just know, no matter what we try to do for them, are going to end up in prison or dead on the street. Prisons are full of mean people, none of whom were born there. All of them were at one time "precious little children", but bad to the bone.

Wish I could be more optimistic.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger StratoCade said...

You're certainly right about Northerners - y'all are all a bunch of racists [tongue firmly planted in cheek].

I, too, am angered about these sorts of crimes. My best friend in High School was literally chopped into bits and left to die under his murderer's bed. Of course, the murderer wasn't convicted becuase my friend "was a homosexual who was trying to rape him".

Didn't seem to matter that the murderer had a good 6" and 80-90 pounds on my friend...

So yeah, I agree with Doc - there are a lot of people out there who will just turn out bad. And society just allows it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>