DCMASSHOLE

Monday, April 10, 2006

Spring Cleaning

So, I decided to clean my room today. For the most part, I easily threw away everything I really did not need and then I noticed a business card. You see it was a business card from a fellow attorney I worked with. MS was the most ornery and cantankerous man I've ever met. Let's just say as most my friends now admit they did not like me at first and like them MS did not like me when he first met me, but I grew on him.

He became my confidant and would always calm me down when I got excited. He was a well educated man that served his country in the Marines, as a cop, and finally a lawyer. The business card brought back all these memories of a good man that the world lost year ago around this time. He was stricken ill while at work and never recovered. We will never see the man get up with his arthritic joints and try to simulate love making. Trust me, with him biting his lip and making sounds it was a riot. Along with that, he would tell of the horror stories with his ex-wives including the one who put cement in all the drains of the house. I would say, "MS you sure piss off people easy."

With that card, also brought back memories of two other people that died with in a week of MS. One, was a classmate from college that attend an Ivy League Business School and was very successful. She died at the age of 31 of breast cancer. The other friend was also a classmate of mine from college a young mother that was pregnant with her second child when she succumbed to the cancer. She was officially dead the day after MS, but was kept alive for the sake of her unborn child.

Shortly, after hearing and going through the emotions, I was running on a beautiful day and said out loud, "Fuck it." Life it to short to be like MS and let work kill you. You must be responsible and have your priorities straight that you must live life to the fullest. Be serious in your work, but don't allow it to consume you and most of all spend as much time with friends and family because you never now when that time will end.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those sound like good words to live by. And it's not just work that can suck up your enjoyment of life (though it's the most likely culprit).

Anything that saps your energy and sucks away the zest of a rich and full life is something that should be kept at bay, if possible.

I'm still learning that, myself.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger StratoCade said...

I'm just learning that lesson myself. Have fun, but don't lose balance - it would be a shame for DC to lose another attorney.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>